PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“This chess set ‘Becoming’ is a reflection on personal growth and development. A person can sway between rigid routines, perceptions of right and wrong, and loose structures and fluid growth. Each part is equally important and enables us to uncover different layers of who we are.
The chess set is embellished with gold leaf – symbolic of the preciousness of our our experience, marks and scars, as they are what make us who we are. They can be cherished. My chess set also juxtaposes Swarovski crystals on white and spikes on black pieces, highlighting the opposite spectrums such as light vs dark(shadow) / fluid vs structured, all within one’s character and personality.”
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, gold leaf, Swarovski crystals, acrylic paint, modelling clay, resin, bubble wrap, lacquer, Italian Nappa leather, 18 carat gold
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 7.3 kg (16 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 10.9 kg (approx .24 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping